Second Portal Applications
The Second Portal Program gives students already enrolled at Tufts Medical School the opportunity to switch to the MD/PhD Program. Students in M2 apply to the program through Slate. In addition to the completed application, several documents are required.
- A copy of the original AMCAS application including letters of reference
- A description of research experience
- An essay explaining research interest(s), and why the applicant is a good candidate for the MD PhD dual degree program
- An updated resume
- An unofficial TUSM transcript
- The name of the faculty member with whom they are interested in working
- Additional letters as listed below:
- A letter demonstrating support from the Tufts Medical School Dean for Student Affairs
- A letter from the Tufts faculty member in whose lab they worked in the summer between M1 and M2, addressing accomplishments and potential in basic biomedical science research
- A letter of commitment from the faculty member who will be the student's thesis mentor
There is no application fee for Second Portal Applicants.
Applications are due in mid-January; incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
For more information email Michael Chin, MD, PhD, MSTP Director.