The Health Science Campus
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is located in the heart of the Tufts Health Sciences Campus in the Chinatown neighborhood of downtown Boston. We share the campus with several other Tufts biomedical science and professional schools and with Tufts Medical Center Hospital. Our Chinatown location provides a rich and unique atmosphere that adds to our environment.
Health Science Campus Buildings
- The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and the Center for Medical Education, 145 Harrison Avenue
- The School of Medicine, 145 Harrison Avenue
- The Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, 711 Washington Street
- The School of Dental Medicine, 1 Kneeland Street
- The Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, 150 Harrison Avenue
- Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington Street
- The Jaharis Family Center for Biomedical and Nutrition Sciences, 150 Harrison Avenue
- The Biomedical Research and Public Health Building, 136 Harrison Avenue
- The Tupper Research Building and Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, 15 Kneeland Street
Each of these facilities is houses GSBS-associated laboratories. Some also contain cafes, comfortable study space, and lounge areas and televisions, all of which are open to Tufts students.
Boston Campus Public Safety
The Boston Tufts Police are located at 136 Harrison Avenue, and can be reached by phone at 617-636-6610. For emergencies only, please call 617-636-6911.
Tufts offers a security escort service on all three Tufts campuses. The Boston campus offers this service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, between campus locations and to nearby T stops and parking garages. All students, staff and faculty are encouraged to utilize this service.
Provisions of the Jeanne Clery Campus Crime Disclosure Act of 1998, the Drug-Free School and Communities Act Amendments of 1989, the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 afford the Department of Public Safety with an opportunity to annually distribute important safety information. The annual report explains services, policies, programs and expectations that help to contribute to achieving a safe and secure environment at Tufts University. It also provides campus crime statistics, health and legal information concerning drug and alcohol use, and information relating to fire safety.
You can view the current annual safety report online at Tufts Department of Public and Environmental Safety; you may also request a printed copy using the online request form or by visiting the University Police Station on your campus.