Tufts Provost Fellow Award
The Tufts Provost Fellows Award is presented annually to recognize high academic achievement in the incoming doctoral student class.
The Provost Fellow Award was established by Tufts University Provost Jamshed Bharucha and the university-wide Graduate Student Council to recognize and recruit the best doctoral applicants to Tufts University graduate schools.
$5,000 supplement to the student stipend for the first two years of graduate school
Any applicant to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is eligible for nomination.
Each Admissions Director submits nominations during the admissions season. The number of nominations is determined annually based on guidelines from the Provost's Office. The nomination packet must include the following documents:
- A nomination letter written by the Admissions Director not to exceed one page in length summarizing the strengths of the nominee.
- The nominee's application materials.
The GSBS Dean's Office reviews the nominations and select nominees for review by the Tufts University Provost, who make the final selections. Criteria evaluated include:
- Academic record and standardized test scores
- Prior experience relevant to graduate study
- Letters of recommendation
- Other experiences that demonstrate high achievement