Federal law requires that requests for official transcripts be submitted in writing by the student to an academic institution; verbal and telephone requests cannot be accepted. Requests may be submitted online, and via mail, fax, or email attachment.
Current students and alums from 2006 and later who have Universal Tufts Login Name (UTLN) can request official and unofficial transcripts online through SIS, the student information system. Unofficial transcripts are available for download immediately. Official transcripts can take 3-5 days for processing
To order an official transcript in SIS:
Log into SIS using your UTLN and password. Current students and alums can log into SIS using their Tufts credentials. If you do not know your Tufts credentials, you can use Tufts Tools to recall or reset.
Click the "Academices" tab and select "Official Transcript".
Under "Select Request" choose one of the options:
- Option 1: "Request Institution to Mail" - to have your transcript ailed directly to your address or a selected recipient or
- Option 2: "Hold for Pick-up" - to pick up your transcript at the front desk in room 813 of the Tufts Medical Education Center at 145 Harrison Avenue, Boston.
Complete the following categories as follows:
- Academic Career: Name of School
- Select Processing Options: Choose to have the transcript printed immediately or at a future date, such as after grades are pots.
- Choose the quantity you would like
- Recipient Address - if you are mailing the transcript choose: "Send to My Address" or "Edit Adress" if you want to enter a different address.
There is no charge for transcripts from the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
Transcripts cannot be released to students who owe money to the school until the balance is paid in full.
Paper requests are also accepted; complete the form and your transcript will be available within 3 to 5 business days.
Help with Tufts UTLN
Download the transcript request form.
In accordance with federal guidelines, transcripts from other schools that are part of a student's permanent record at GSBS cannot be duplicated or released to students. Students must contact these schools directly for transcripts.