Associate Dean's Message - March 25, 2019
Dear Sackler Community,
Sackler faculty and students continue to receive some great press for their work in the lab. A few recent items of note include:
- Micro program faculty member Andy Camilli and Sackler alum Minmin Yen explore the use of bacteriophage to control cholera.
- Neuroscientist Phil Haydon plans to circumnavigate the Earth, hoping to inspire and educate those with epilepsy
- Neuroscientist Klaus Miczek is working on stopping the brain system that creates a craving for alcohol and drugs in times of stress
- A study by former PREP Scholar Ninon Becquart and Elena Naumova and colleagues has been cited as one of the NIEHS Papers of the Month for March
- New optical tools developed by CMDB faculty member Irene Georgakoudi allow non-invasive monitoring of cellular metabolic changes
The strength of our academic program is illustrated through the breadth and depth of our research. Congratulations to all those that are breaking the barriers!
Dan Volchok, Associate Dean