The GSBS Office is happy to assist students with their fellowship applications. Students will need to work with their mentors and program directors to prepare the scientific and training sections of the application.
Our staff is experienced in preparing the required application packages. Several months prior to each deadline, students receive an email asking them to contact the office if they plan to apply. Once we know that you plan to apply, we will:
- Build your application for you in Tufts' Research Administration System (RAS);
- Help you obtain an eRA Commons username with the PI role if you do not already have a user name or the PI designation;
- Fill out the all the required administrative items in the application;
- Email you for administrative information that is unique to your application (human subjects, animal use, etc) and update the application with your responses;
- Complete all needed budget items;
- Attach final PDFs of written sections to the application;
- Provide the completed application package to you and your mentor for review prior to submission to the Office of Research Administration;
- Coordinate required internal forms;
- Forward the completed application to the Office of Research Administration for final review and submission to NIH.