Training in Research
Research and Mentors
Tufts IRACDA scholars may apply to conduct their research with any tenured or tenure-track Tufts University faculty member who is investigating issues related to biomedical science. Tufts University researchers are located on all three campuses of Tufts University.
- The Health Science Campus in downtown Boston is home to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, the School of Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, and the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. In addition, Tufts Medical Center, a major teaching affiliate of Tufts Medical School, and the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging are located on the Health Science Campus.
- The Medford Campus provides biomedical research opportunities in the Departments of Biology, Chemistry, and Psychology at the School of Arts & Sciences and in the Departments of Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Biological Engineering, and Computer Science at the School of Engineering.
- The Grafton Campus is home to the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine.
The web sites of each of the schools provide information about the research programs of our faculty.
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and School of Medicine
- Friedman School of Nutrition Science & Policy
- Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging
- Graduate College of Arts & Sciences
- School of Engineering
- Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
Please check the list of faculty who have indicated interest in mentoring a Tufts IRACDA scholar starting in the fall of 2022, along with their emails and a summary of their research focus. We encourage you to discuss the selection of a mentor with the Program Directors Claire Moore (email@example.com) Boston and Grafton campuses) and Mitch McVey (firstname.lastname@example.org, Medford campus).
If you are considering a lab on the Grafton campus, please indicate in your application that you have considered the logistics of the commute between campuses and the need to attend multiple in-person IRACDA meetings on the Boston or Medford campuses.