IRACDA Application Materials
The application deadline for next year (September 2021) is March 1, 2021.
Email the completed application to our program
The application packet should contain the materials listed below. Please only use Adobe Acrobat Reader to enter and save information on the fillable pdf face page.
- the application face page
- the applicant's CV
- a one page description of the applicant's PhD research
- a one page description of the applicant's proposed research
- a one-page document describing what type of academic career you are interested in pursuing and how your prior experiences have motivated you to seek a career that melds research, teaching, and commitment to diversity and inclusion issues.
- the mentor's NIH biosketch, including a description of the mentor's active and pending funding
- a listing of the mentor's present and prior trainees for the past five years (with current position)
- a letter from the mentor stating support of the goals of Tufts IRACDA and agreeing to the IRACDA requirement that scholars devote 25% of their time to career development
- the mentor's letter should also acknowledge their responsibility for supporting the scholar’s salary and fringe benefits for the first year of the IRACDA program. The IRACDA program will cover salary and fringe benefits, plus a travel and supply allowance, for Years 2-4.
Three letters of recommendation are also required. Your referees should email their letters directly to the program.