Neuro Career Outcomes
To help all applicants and others interested in the Neuroscience program, we have summarized information of the careers that are being pursued by the 55 Neuroscience PhD and MD/PhD graduates who graduated from 2000 to the present. This information is updated annually.
Information about individual alumni can be found on our Neuro Alumni Page
The number in the parentheses equals the number of graduates in the category.
- Education & Outreach - Individuals engaged in science education
- Faculty Research - Faculty at institutions of higher education who conduct discovery research as a significant portion of their activity
- Faculty Teaching - Faculty at institutions of higher education whose primary role is teaching
- Staff Scientists - Individuals conducting laboratory research in a staff role
- Training - Individuals in postdoctoral or residency (MD/PhD) training
- Research - Individuals who lead research teams or actively conduct discovery research
- Science-Related - Individuals in business development, writing, product development, administration, clinical research, manufacturing oversight, intellectual property law, consulting and similar careers
- Training - Postdoctoral training in a for-profit setting
- Gov Res - Individuals who conduct discovery research at a government entity
- NLF - not in the labor force
- Non-Profit - Individuals employed in a non-profit organization such as an NGO or foundation
- Unknown - Individuals for whom current information is unavailable