Micro Career Outcomes
To help all applicants and others interested in the Molecular Microbiology program, we have summarized information of the careers that are being pursued by the 112 PhD or MD/PhD graduates who graduated from 2000 to the present. This information is updated annually.
Information about individual alumni can be found on our Micro Alumni Page.
The number in the parentheses equals the number of graduates in the category.
- Edu/Outr - Individuals engaged in science education
- Faculty Research - Faculty at institutions of higher education who conduct discovery research as a significant portion of their activity
- Faculty Teaching - Faculty at institutions of higher education whose primary role is teaching
- Science-Related - Individuals in administrative roles
- Staff Scientists - Individuals conducting laboratory research in a staff role
- Training - Individuals in postdoctoral or residency (MD/PhD) training
- Not Sci - Individuals who are pursuing a career unrelated to science
- Research - Individuals who lead research teams or actively conduct discovery research
- Science-Related - Individuals in business development, writing, product development, administration, clinical research, manufacturing oversight, intellectual property law, consulting and similar careers
- Gov S-R - Individuals in science-related positions at a government entity
- NLF - Individuals who are not in the labor force
- NP - Individuals employed in a non-profit organization such as an NGO or foundation
- U - Unknown; individuals for whom current information is unavailable