Genetics Career Outcomes
To help all applicants and others interested in the Genetics program, we have summarized information of the careers that are being pursued by the 77 Genetics PhD and MD/PhD graduates who graduated from 2000 to the present. This information is updated annually.
Information about individual alumni can be found on our Genetics Alumni page.
The number in the parentheses equals the number of graduates in the category.
- Faculty Research - Faculty at institutions of higher education who conduct discovery research as a significant portion of their activity
- Faculty Teaching - Faculty at institutions of higher education whose primary role is teaching
- Science-Related - Individuals in administrative roles in universities
- Staff Scientists - Individuals conducting laboratory research in a staff role
- Training - Individuals in postdoctoral or residency (MD/PhD) training
- Research - Individuals who lead research teams or actively conduct discovery research
- Science-Related - Individuals in business development, writing, product development, administration, clinical research, manufacturing oversight, intellectual property law, consulting and similar careers
- Gov S-R - Individuals in science-related positions at a government entity
- NLF - Individuals who are not in the labor force
- Non-Profit - Individuals employed in a non-profit organization such as an NGO or foundation