CMDB Career Outcomes
To help all applicants and others interested in the CMDB program, we have summarized information of the careers that are being pursued by the 104 CMDB PhD and MD/PhD graduates who graduated from 2000 to the present. This information is updated annually.
Information about individual alumni can be found on our CMDB Alumni page.
- Faculty - Research - Faculty at institutions of higher education who conduct discovery research as a significant portion of their activity
- Faculty - Teaching - Faculty at institutions of higher education whose primary role is teaching
- Faculty - Clinical - Faculty at institutions of higher education who conduct clinical or basic research and have clinical duties.
- Research Staff - Individuals conducting laboratory research in a staff role
- Academic Staff - Individuals supporting the academic mission in a staff role
- Postdoc Training - Individuals pursuing postdoctoral training at an institution of higher education
- Residency Training - Individuals (predominantly MD/PhD graduates) in residency or fellowship training
- Research - Individuals who lead research teams or actively conduct discovery research
- Business - Individuals in business development, product development, administration, clinical research management, manufacturing oversight, and similar careers
- Private Practice - Individuals with a clinical degree in addition to the PhD whose primary function is treating patients
- IP/Law - Individuals involved in technology transfer, patent law or other aspects of law
- Communication - Individuals engaged in science writing, editing or other forms of media
- Non-science - Individuals pursuing careers not involving science
- Consulting - Individuals working for consulting firms that support bioscience
- Unknown - Individuals for whom current information is unavailable
- Not in the Labor Force - Individuals who are not in the labor force