To help all applicants and others interested in our graduate programs, we have summarized information of the careers that are being pursued by the 438 PhD and MD/PhD graduates from the five biomedical PhD programs of the Basic Science Division that are currently accepting students. All individuals who completed their PhD degree from 2000 to the present are included. This information is updated annually.
The career choices of PhD graduates of individual programs are summarized on the website of each graduate program.
The number in the parentheses equals the number of graduates in the category.
- Training - Individuals in postdoctoral or residency (MD/PhD) training
- Faculty Teaching - Faculty at institutions of higher education whose primary role is teaching
- Faculty Research - Faculty at institutions of higher education who conduct discovery research as a significant portion of their activity
- Edu - Individuals engaged in science education
- Staff Scientists - Individuals conducting laboratory research in a staff role
- Science-Related - Individuals in administrative roles supporting science in higher education institutions
- Science-Related - Individuals in business development, writing, product development, administration, clinical research, manufacturing oversight, intellectual property law, consulting and similar careers
- Research - Individuals who lead research teams or actively conduct discovery research
- Not Sci - Individuals who are pursuing a career unrelated to science
- Trg (Training) - Individuals doing postdoctoral training in a for profit setting
- G-R (Research) - Individuals conducting research at a government entity
- Gov S-R - Individuals in science-related positions at a government entity
- G-T (Training) - Individuals pursuing postdoctoral training at a government entity
- Non-Profit - Individuals employed in a non-profit organization such as an NGO or foundation
- NLF- Individuals who are not in the labor force
- NP - Individuals employed in a non-profit organization such as an NGO or foundation
- U - Unknown